If you are serious about running, then you need to be serious about what you put on your feet. ASICS Men’s GEL-Nimbus 15 running shoes are an excellent for anyone serious about running, and are especially recommended for tall arched-feet. When you are going to run some distance, you need a shoe that will support you, give you comfort and breathe-ability and one that will last without breaking. The Nimbus 15 by Asics may set you back at least $140, but the truth is that they are worth it.
First Impressions of the Asics Gel Nimbus 15
At a first glance, the Nimbus 15 looks incredibly similar both in shape and design to its predecessor. The forefoot is very flexible, giving it a fast heel to toe transition. From side to side the shoe appears quite rigid, adding stability that is enhanced by a stiff heel counter that locks the foot firmly in place. The training shoe it super light yet durable, delivering the very best performance for your training routine.
You may also like:
The updated ASICS GEL-Nimbus 15 running shoe is extra durable and the full length guidance lines provide extra smooth transitions. The cushioning at the forefoot is specific to gender, and the cushioning provides shock-absorbing comfort. The shoe is guaranteed not to chafe as you run thanks to the bio morphic upper and extra discrete eyelets. The heel fit is customized, meaning that your heel really does lock in place as you run. The outer sole of the Nimbus 15 is made of abrasion resistant Dura Sponge, and the comfort dry sock liner gives you the antimicrobial protection that you need.
The ASICS GEL Nimbus 15 at a glance:
- Rubber sole
- Synthetic and mesh upper for breathe-ability
- Upper fit is biomorphic, molding to the foot to reduce chafing and give extra support where it is needed
- PHF heel, locking your foot firmly yet comfortably in position, giving excellent comfort even for long distances
- Full length guidance line
- Mid sole with gel cushioning, great even for high arched feet
- Comfort dry sock liner
- Superior fit that is true to size
- Increased gel in fore foot when compared with other models, especially important for runners who put extra pressure in the forefoot
ASICS GEL Nimbus 15 upper
When compared with other models such as the Cumulus by ASICS, it should be noted that there is a very generous amount of memory foam in the Nimbus 15 upper. This allows for a luxurious and comfortable feel, but perhaps means that the upper is not as breathable as previous versions. The upper may feel slightly heavy, so here you need to weigh up comfort against breathe-ability.
Sole Unit of the Asics Gel Nimbus 15
The sole on the Nimbus 15 is identical to previous models. The outer sole has a couple of deep flex grooves, giving the shoe its flexibility. The deep grooves do also mean that you will experience a fast transition. This fast transition may mean that you feel that you do not have sufficient time to slow your foot down, and this can cause discomfort to some runners. Depending on the exact positioning of the grooves of the shoe and where their sit on your foot, the grooves may also cause some discomfort.
The ASICS Nimbus 15 has a large amount of gel in the mid sole. This gel keeps the foot really cushioned and comfortably, even for long distances and really tough training regimes. The cushioning makes the shoe suitable for long runs as well as everyday training and almost all kinds of running. The amount of gel does increase the overall bulk of the shoe, so you may consider using a lighter weight training shoe for sprinting or fast paced training.
Pros of the ASICS GEL Nimbus 15
- Extra cushioning at forefoot is great for high-arched feet
- Gel in the mid sole allows for extreme comfort, even for long distances
- A versatile training shoe that can be used for all kinds of running
- Generous memory foam for extra comfort
- Heel locks into positioning, adding extra security and comfort
- Shock absorbing comfort all around your feet.
- Transitions may be uncomfortably fast
- Extra bulk in the mid sole may be considered too heavy for sprinting
- Deep groves may cause discomfort on transitions
- Less breathe-ability than previous models
Overall opinion on the ASICS GEL Nimbus 15
The Nimbus 15 from ASICS is very similar in many ways to the 14 and is a great all round running shoe for someone wanting to maximize on comfort. The Nimbus 15 is extra comfy for high arched runners, the extra gel, cushioning and heel grip making sure that the entire foot is supported from all angles. The Nimbus 15 is pricey, but no more so than comparative models from other manufacturers.
If you like to switch from long distance to mid, or are just looking for a great running shoe that will stay comfortable all day long, then the Nimbus 15 by ASICS is a great buy. The main downside to the Nimbus 15 that has been noted is the speed of the transitions, this being due to the deep grooves in the sole. The Nimbus 15 is however a much more versatile running shoe than many others on the market, and if you are looking for comfort and durability at an affordable price, you cannot go far wrong.