If you are looking for a neutral running shoe and one that you can really afford, the New Balance Men’s MT510 trail-running shoe gives you an excellent choice. Affordable on even the tightest of budgets at less than $50, the light weight silver and black sneakers are an attractive shoe for general running as well as serious trailing. The foam mid sole of the MT510 from New Balance provides extra comfort when you are training and the tread rubber outer sole is great for gripping on rough ground and even over rocks.
At first glance these trainers are attractive in black and silver and they look comfortable and strangely affordable. Unlike high end brands, New Balance offer you the comfort you require at a price you can really afford, the light mesh upper providing comfort without weighing you down. The AT tread rubber outer sole of the MT510 is an important feature, stopping you from running into danger, the soles tackling even the toughest of surfaces and rocky terrains.
The most important detailing when you are serious about trail running is finding a shoe that you will feel safe in, even on the toughest of terrains. The AT tread rubber sole of the MT510 will allow you to run over rocks, ruts and roots, and even over slippery surfaces without them letting you down. For long distances you need a shoe that is lightweight and won’t weigh you down. The IMEVA mid sole is perfect for comfort and the mesh upper will allow you foot to breathe easily as you run. The MT510 from New Balance is synthetic with a rubber sole and rubber outer sole. The mid sole is injection molded with IMEVA for balance and comfort on tough terrains.
The New Balance Men’s MT520 trail running shoe at a glance
- Attractive black and silver coloring
- Synthetic upper that are easy to wash and look after
- Rubber out sole and sole
- Mid sole is injection molded with IMEVA for extra support and comfort
- Synthetic mesh upper for comfort and breath ability
- AT tread out sole
- Support and comfort is provided by the IMEVA, making the shoe perfect for trailing, even over rough ground
- AT tread makes for excellent traction, giving you the confidence to run even over slippery ground
- Suitable for both walking and running alike, the New Balance MT510 gives you an affordable all round running shoe that you can rely on
- Great for track running too as well as cross country
- Sporty styling looks great both on and off the track
- Affordable and readily available online for less than $50
- Lightweight shoe is designed for prolonged wear and performance
The upper of the New Balance is 100% synthetic. Made with a mesh finish, the upper allows your foot to breathe easily and it won’t feel as if it is weighed down, not even after hours of trailing. The mesh not only breathes, but it adapts to the shape of your feet as your run and wont crack or crease even after use on the toughest of terrains. The breathable material is lightweight, and even when your running shoes get wet they still won’t weigh you down.
The mid sole of the New Balance is IMEVA injected, making it the perfect choice for tough terrains. The IMEVA allows for comfort and protection, even on rocky and rough terrains, the foot being held comfortably and with no room for chafing or rubbing.
New Balance Men’s MT510 sole
The sole of the New Balance MT510 is rubber, and with AT tread it will give you added traction that is necessary for serious trailing. The AT tread will give you the confidence to run over rough and rocky terrain without having to slow down.
Pros of the New Balance Men’s MT510 trail running shoe
- Affordable shoe at under $50
- Attractive design and color
- AT tread makes light work of even the toughest surfaces
- IMEVA injected mid sole gives extra strength and comfort
- Breath able upper makes light weight of even long runs
Cons of the New Balance Men’s MT510 trail running shoe
- The price of this shoe is reflected in the standard of the fit and how long the shoe lasts
- Flimsy insoles that are made of un molded foam look more like what you would find in children’s sneakers
- Wide fittings are not wide enough to accommodate very wide feet
- Lack of cushioning from the insole really lets down an otherwise good buy for the price paid
Overall opinion on the New Balance Men’s MT510 trail running shoe
When comparing the MT510 from New Balance with other running shoes that are designed for trailing, price must be taken into consideration. Coming in at under the $50 mark, the MT510 does give excellent value for money and has a few great points. The sole of the shoe is great even for tough terrains and overall comfort and fit are not an issue for the average user.
However, if the insole of the MT510 was replaced by something more substantial and molded, the shoe would certainly work out as being great value for money. When comparing the MT510 from New Balance, remember that these trail running shoes are not high end shoes that cost over $100; they are a good looking shoe that will give a good overall performance not just for trailing but for long and short distance running too.